Wells Fargo Cash Back College Student Credit Card is a card designed for students, and posses a number of characteristics that enables it stand out when compared with some other student cards. It is an ideal card for those who want an intro APR and temporary great cash back on gas, groceries and drugstore purchases.
- This card, comes with no annual fee
- Earn 3% cash back on gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases for the first from account opening, which is an excellent rewards rate.
- Offers 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases including on gas, groceries and drugstore purchases, which is a decent rate for a student card
- With Intro APR 0% on purchases and balance transfers for six months, after that, a 13.4% to 23.4% variable APR applies, you can make important purchases for the school year.
- You can call roadside dispatch if you encounter issues with your car while out driving. Also when you rent a car, it gets covered by a collision damage waiver.
- You have access to call Visa Travel and Emergency Assistance Services if you are in a fix while on vacation. Gives you access to medical and legal referrals, emergency transportation, emergency ticket replacement etc.
- Get an emergency card replacement if you loose your Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card.
- Cardholders, who pay their monthly cell phone bill with their card, get their phone protected against damage or theft for up to $600.
Student Credit Card Wells Fargo Fees & Interest Rates
- Annual Fee – $0
- Purchase APR – 13.4%-23.4% (Variable)
- Intro Purchase APR – 0% for the first 6 months (thereafter 13.4% to 23.4% variable)
- Balance Transfer APR – 13.4%-23.4% (Variable)
- Intro Balance Transfer APR – 0% for the first 6 months ( then 13.4% – 23.4% variable)
- Balance Transfer Fee – $5 or 5% of the transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance Rate – 26.24% (Variable)
- Foreign Transaction Fee – 3%of the transaction value
- Cash Advance Fee – $10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater
- Interest Free Period – Up to 25 days
- Late Payment Fee – Up to $37
- Returned Payment Fee – Up to $37
- Additional Cardholder Fee – $0
Things you Should Know Before you Apply
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a college student
- Your full name, date of birth as well as contact info
- Social Security number, mother’s maiden name and citizenship status
- Your school information
- Your income information.
What Credit Score Do You Need
Since this card, is aimed at students, you may qualify without a credit history. Although you can be denied if your credit is poor
- Visit the Wells Fargo website and tap on the “Apply Now” tab
- Key in your Wells Fargo login details if you have them, if you do not have, complete the application with your personal and financial information.
- Go through your details, and submit your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to get my Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card?
Applicant, may get an immediate decision on his/her application. If that is not the case, you are to expect a response within two weeks. If you get approved, locate your new card in the mail within 7-10 days.
Is this a “normal” credit card?
Yes, even though it is a student credit card, but can also be used like any other credit card. It is accepted at any store that accepts Visa.
Is this a chip card?
Yes, it is embedded with chip technology
Do i have to make payments on my purchases during my intro APR period?
Yes, you are to make at least a minimum payment each month to avoid default.
Does the intro balance transfer APR mean i can make transfers for free?
No, you are to pay a fee for each balance transfer.
Student Credit Card Wells Fargo Customer Service Number
Contact the customer care unit by calling at 1-800-869-3557, for enquires on Student Credit Card Wells Fargo.